Curbside Collection Services
Starting October 1, 2019 curbside collections services will change for Osceola County. Read more about these upcoming changes on our FAQ.Read FAQ
Two companies working under contract with Osceola County are assigned specific collection zones to provide the service to residents.
|Company||Office Phone Number|
Per County Ordinance, please DO NOT place your garbage curbside earlier than 6:00 p.m. the night before scheduled pick-up. Please remove promptly after collection. Garbage should be placed within 3 feet of your curb by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. This will ensure timely service.
Household Garbage Collection
All residents in unincorporated Osceola County will receive a once-a-week garbage collection. This does not include yard waste, hazardous waste, or construction and demolition materials.
- Garbage containers should be used for household garbage only, be no larger than 45 gallons with detachable lids, have two handles and not exceed 50 pounds.
- Should not be commingled with yard waste or recyclables.
- Place your container curbside, within three-feet from the curb.
- Container should be on the opposite side of the driveway from your mailbox to avoid any damage.
- Per County Ordinance, please DO NOT place your garbage curbside earlier than 6 P.M. the night before your scheduled collection.
- Items include refrigerators, washing machines, hot water heaters, stoves and dishwashers.
- White goods must be Freon free prior to collection.
- Remove doors from appliances.
- Contact Waste Management’s Customer Service Department to schedule a collection.
Construction & Demolition Materials
(lumber, bricks, glass, concrete etc.)
Collection of this material is not part of the Universal Solid Waste Program. For more information on C&D disposal, please contact the Solid Waste Department.
Solid Waste Holiday Schedule
Holidays may cause a change in your collection schedule. If your garbage is scheduled for collection on any of the following holidays, your collection will be rescheduled for the Saturday closest to the holiday.
- New Years Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected every Wednesday. This includes grass clippings, tree branches, palm fronds, etc. (tied and bundled).
- We recommend using a garbage container for yard waste, no larger than 45 gallons.
- Place leaves, pine needles and yard clippings in bags/bundles/containers.
- Cut branches to four-foot lengths, no wider than four-inches in diameter and not over 50 pounds.
- Collection is limited to 10 bags/bundles/containers per yard waste collection day.
- Items include discarded furniture and household junk.
- Collection of these items will be on your regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
- Large items are limited to three cubic yards. Additional charges for may apply if three cubic yards is exceeded.